mercredi, septembre 14, 2005

Birthday, follow up

Thank you all very much for your birthday-wishes.
I have a good time today. But I don't know if September 14 is a good day to call ones birtday ;) Thats what yahoo tells me:

On this date:

In 1901, President McKinley died in Buffalo, N.Y., of gunshot wounds inflicted by an assassin. Vice President Theodore Roosevelt succeeded him.


I am born on a day of a president's asssasination?
aw, sh... at least it's not the assasination of you know who.


In 1927, modern dance pioneer Isadora Duncan died in Nice, France, when her scarf became entangled in a wheel of her sports car.


Well, THAT'S realy weird. I mean can you imagine this kind of death?


In 1959, the Soviet space probe Luna 2 became the first manmade object to reach the moon as it crashed onto the lunar surface.


Very symbolic formy life. I try something new and then I crash.

In 1982, Princess Grace of Monaco, formerly actress Grace Kelly, died at age 52 of injuries from a car crash the day before.

A car-crash, again.

In 1982, Lebanon's president-elect, Bashir Gemayel, was killed by a bomb.

Dead presidents and deadly cars - my totems?

6 commentaires:

JgStephan a dit…

This is a very interesting enumeration.
Another person whom you like very much still occurs to me. Although he died on another day, but...
John F. Kennedy

I know what my last dream had to mean. I write you everything in German within the next days.

Diana Kennedy a dit…

JFK occurs to you?
In which way? And your last dream?

Yes, best would be to write it down in German.

mauser*girl a dit…

I think this is nature's way of telling you to stay away from cars and not become president. ;)

bradi a dit…

Also stay away from long Dr. Who/Isadore Duncan style scarves. Actually that's a good rule for everybody.

NDwalters a dit…

I don't want to be a barer of bad facts, but others have died in car wrecks on other dates, just years apart. Jayne Mansfield, died in New Orleans, car wreck....However, there was a sad precession of rock stars and good musicians who died in aircraft.... Richie Valens, Buddy Holly, and The Big Bopper died in 1959 in a plane flight. Most of Lynard Skynyrd back in 1977 or 1978. And Stevie Ray Vaughan in 1984/5. Unfortunately while there is that probablity of death, there is greater likelihood of life.....

Chin up. FYI, I'm a conservative and I though Jack Kennedy was a neat guy. Kennedy, could have eaked out of the war, but signed up for the most dangerous stuff you can imagine.... PT boats. Senator, in hard fought race. President in the second closest election in US history, after 2000. And of course, the Cuban Missile Crisis. Most of this from books I've read and my folks and grandparents. John F Kennedy. I think he'd dig the tribute.

Funclub a dit…

Hi great blog i must remember to bokmark you ... I have a horse racing blog myself I also have a new Online Auction to tell you about here neopian auction get yourself $35.00 worth of free Advertising neopian auction