lundi, octobre 24, 2005

Sorrows

I didn't write much here, since a couple of days. I not only have a lot of work, but I am also very taken by the care for my cats, these days. So this entry is more of a whine...Because I really feel bad.
First, my oldest cat Gribi was extremely sick and we tought that we will lose him. We nursed him for over 2 weeks and it looks as if he made it.
But now, our other cat, Flecki, is going very sick. He cannot breath right and gasps for air. We took him to the veterinarian today, and he said it's probably an pulmonary edema. It is very serious. He gave him shots and a lots of mediacaments. But we are not sure if he will make it. It is such a heartbreaking pitty to see him gasp for air. Sometimes its a bit better and I have hope. Sometimes its suddenly going worse. Right now, it's really awful.

Here s photo of Flecki when he was younger:

Well, it's not that he is old now: 7 years.

This year was not a good year for my animals anyway: In the first week of January our old cat Zazou died from Cancer. Then my horse Hondo was so badly bit by my other horse that the wound infected and we tought he would die, too. We finally choose to give him a chance by an surgery. Luckily, it was successful. But it was very expensive. Costs are an other big problem: This year is a finacial hole for our family, I am the only who earns some money and this only with some commission drawings and royalties from the print books / Publishers. I could not pay the veterinarian for Flecki today. Luckily, he is very nice and gave me credit, as usual.

I just don't know HOW I am gonna pay him. And if Flecki needs further visits. He probably will. My own Medicaments for my heart are so damn exopensive, too. I have to pay them first and then get refunded by the medical insurance. Drugstore also gave me credit. boy, I hate to make depts everywhere I go..

Guess I just have to go on, like anybody else...

5 commentaires:

JgStephan a dit…

I thought you only have much work and therefore we hear nothing from you...
You have my sympathy because Zazou has died, I am very sorry. :(
Unfortunately, I cannot help you at your finance problem, if I could help you, I would immediately make it.

Your post makes me very sad and I hope Flecki feels soon better Diana...

Diana Kennedy a dit…

Stephan, please don't apologize. It was not a call for fonacial help. I just wanted to write out my sorrows. Of course, those readers who consider the donate button at my website are always welcome, but it was not a "otherwise I will die" statement. ;-)

JgStephan a dit…

I hadn't thought this was a call for financial help...

This morning I have paid your artwork, I was again very slow. ;)

Diana Kennedy a dit…

Stephan, it is finny, I just goz the paypal notification the moment I was back from the postal office where I sent away your pictture. Thank you for purchasing it. I hope you woll enjoy it.

mauser*girl a dit…

I'm sorry to hear all that, Diana. I know how it feels to have more bills than money - we're going from paycheck to paycheck as well, especially since we've had to buy the damned car this spring (which we just refinanced yesterday!).

*sigh*

I hope your furry little ones will do better soon and that it won't be too expensive. Vet bills sure can add up - any medical bills, really. (<-- hence why I haven't been to the dentist yet, they want something like $4000 to do the work on my teeth and it has to be paid RIGHT THEN. Bastards.)

Wish I could help.