mercredi, janvier 31, 2007

End of old "Mitternachtsbibliothek"


I used to start blogging in german language, years ago, when a blog wasn't even called blog but "online Diary". It was hosted at parsimony.net, who do also host a lot of forums and other stuff.
The problem with parsimony has always been that they can change their minds without announcement.

As an exeample: When they started their service years ago, offering free forums, everybody took one. And when the forums really rocked, Parismony said that now tese forums had to be paid or they will delete 'em.

Of course, people where upset und parsimony received bad feedback in the press.
And now they decided to end the blogs, even the paid ones. Of course, it came as a shock for all those who bloged years without interruption.

As for me, while I am a bit sad too, I must admit that, since I wasn't writing in my german blog for over a year, It can be as well be closed. In exchange I hope I can spend more time for this one.

Other thing: I finally got me a "real" Digital camera. The picture above was taken this morning af the Magnolia tree I planted 9 years ago, shortly after we bought the house. It has really grown since then. See all the lovley buds, awaitng spring.




4 commentaires:

mauser*girl a dit…

Sorry to hear about the old blog - but since you weren't using it anyway, I guess it's not that big a loss.

And congratulations on the camera - now you'll have to post lots of pictures, here and on Deviant Art as well. Beware ... digital cameras become addictive. ;)

Thomas aus Gravenbruch a dit…

Hello, Diana!

(Because all entries and comments in your blog are written in english, so I try to write in english, too. Warning: It could sound very funny !! ;) )

Though I never commentated your entries in your english blog until now, I ever liked to read them - and, of course, your comics, too!

Concerning the end of the "Mitternachtsbibliothek" in german language, I would say: "All good things come to an end". *sigh*

I have to save all my old stuff at Parsimony, too. - Do You still remember the GravenBuch? It has been a long, long time ago ... :) Now, it's sort of a ruin with the index-file deactivated by parsimony. -> The old GravenBuch

My best wishes for you and John F. Kennedy! :)

Greetings,
Thomas from Gravenbruch

Diana Kennedy a dit…

Thank you very much, Thomas. Your English is very good. Nevertheless, you also can write in German. I thought about you a lot. And when I heard that parsimpny will drop its blogs, I immediatly had the Gravenbuch in my mind. What a shame. Do you plan to blog elsewhere?
Anyway, let's keep in touch!

Thomas aus Gravenbruch a dit…

Oh, for me, writing in english is somewhat funny! ;) As a german, to write in english to somebody who also speaks german is even funnier! :))

Now, I use the famous blog software WordPress. Meet www.GravenBuch.de.vu - the new one! :)

But now, I write very seldom about my life in Gravenbruch, because of my current webcomic project, a daily comicstrip which refers to actual real events. I spend much time to it, so privat blogging seems to be a kind of luxury to me. ;)

Greetings,
Thomas from Gravenbruch