mercredi, mai 20, 2009

Pond of stones

Today, early in the morning I made a little bicycle-trip to the Etang des cailloux ("pond of stones") near the neighbour village La Haye. I am ashamed to admit that I have never been there before, even tough I am living here for 10 years now. The years went by in physical weakness and serious illness. I am just re-entering into life these days and have a lot to catch up with.

I had been told that near the pond there was an old quarry where beautiful round stones can be found to decorate the garden. And since I do look for such stones, it was about time to go there.

The wheater was just lovley . The only trafic I had on the meadow-roads was a herd of cows driven to their pasture by the farmer:

The roads went up and down and I noticed that I did not have the same fear from rolling downward as I used to. I make progresses!

I finally went to the qyarry. It was impressive red stone and sands, with all those fine little polished stones all around. I took as many as fit in the basket on the bicycle.

Then I went to the pond. A real peacefull place with a lot of wild flowers. I saw two fucking frogs and tried to take a photo both they jumped away before I even preparded the camera. Again, it is a real shame I wasn't here before.

Aucun commentaire: