dimanche, novembre 01, 2009

Fright Night :-)

Yesterdays night was pretty turbulent. Lots of Kids that came for trick or treat and later, a tall witch who knocked at our door and "casted a spell".  It took me a few seconds to realize that it was the disguised Neighbour Lady. We ended up laughing like crazy.
At 22:00 another knocking occured and this time it was even more scary. Kids this late? I opened the door and a whole bunch of young people started to play guitar and sing "This is the night of terrors, give us sweets". It was completely nutty but so much fun. Fortunatley I had enough chocolates to give out.
I bet that this pumpkin I placed outside the house attracted all those visitors:



The Pumpkin we had inside:




The altar where I burned some incense. The cat statuette in the middle depicts Bastet, the protecting Goddess of our home:



As I said in my previous post, today was more under the aspect of spiritual Samhain. I went out early with my Cycle into the foggy woods to cut some pine twigs. For Grave decoration. Then we went on our little cemetery we have in our garden. Usually we go by nightfall, but since heavy rains are announced today, we preferred to go while the weather is still calm.


These are the tombstones of my grand parents. right of it is the tomb of my cat Oddy, decorated with a white cat statuette.
Samhain is the entry into the Fog Moon (November) and in my personal, annual circle, it also marks the beginning of the Passionszeit, the most melancholic and dark days in the year - the awaiting of November 22, JFK's death day.
This time is where I sometimes must fight against sadness, a sadness that can evolve to a point that I even experience sort of a Stigmata: My right head-side hurts like hell. But it is also a time of closeness and renewal of the bond.

3 commentaires:

Bodecea a dit…

Hallo Diana,

bei uns waren dieses Jahr keine Kinder - habe auch wenige auf den Straßen gesehen, als ich von meinem "Rumokkulten" im Wald heimkam.

November - ich finde den nicht so schlimm wie seinen Ruf, auch wenn ich sehr zu Herbstdepros neige. Ich finde Dezember/Januar viel schlimmer, wenn es wirklich kalt und noch dunkler ist und keine gelben Blätter mehr die Szenerie beleben...

Bodecea

Diana Kennedy a dit…

@Bodecea,

Oh, ich neige überhaupt nicht zu Herbstdepressionen, der Herbst ist sogar meine Lieblingsjahreszeit. Besagte Traurigkeit ist isoliert erlebt und "themengebunden."

Donald a dit…

Dezember, Januar und Februar sind auch meine schlimmsten Monate, sooo kalt und dunkel, dass muss einfach auf die Stimmung schlagen.

Soweit ich vom Halloween-Brauch weiss, dürfte man sowieso nur an Türen klingeln, vor denen ein Kürbis steht (aber da bin ich mir jetzt nicht sicher und hab auf die schnelle keine bestätigende Quelle gefunden, aber n paar andere interessante Links *g*).

Geschichte:
http://www.halloween-city.de/halloween_kuerbis.html

Auch interessant:
http://www.garten-literatur.de/Kalender/halloween.htm