jeudi, février 11, 2010

Back home

Home again.

Yesterday, the mechanic called me to say that my car has a damage that can't be fixed. Its old, rusty and not worth the high price reparation. Obviously the damage from the crash I had  in December had bigger effects.
So here I was, without a car anymore. My travelling insurance, at least, was very supportive. They sent me a Taxi to take me home from Basel to my village (200 kilometers!) and they also will take the car off that garage in Basel to bring it to a French wrecking yard. The same day I lost my cat I lost my car, too.

When I finally arrived at home yesterday, I saw the box where dead Gribi is in. I could see his little head from behind looking out the blanket and then, I had a mental breakdown. I literary drowned in tears. I went to him and petted his head and even had the hallucination of him moving and responding.
I cried for about an hour and after this, was at strength's end.
I really would like to bury him as quick as possible, but the earth is frozen and snow is everywhere.

7 commentaires:

caroona a dit…

Mir kommen auch gerade die Tränen hier. Ach, was für ein Mist.

Diana Kennedy a dit…

@Caroona, Danke für Dein Mitgefühl. Im Moment ist es echt hart.

Bodecea a dit…

Huhu Diana,

ich weiß nicht, was ich sagen soll, um dich zu trösten. Es tut mir echt leid, ich kann es auch gut nachvollziehen mit all den Katzen, die ich in meinem Leben schon um mich hatte und gehen lassen musste.

Alles Liebe
Bodecea

Sefarina a dit…

Oh Diana, ich kann gut verstehen, dass du nicht mehr kannst. Das ist unglaublich viel auf einmal, das du gerade tragen musst.

Magaly Guerrero a dit…

Oh dear! I'm so sorry!! I didn't know about Gribi, poor baby. I'll light a candle; I know what that feels like. The Boyfriend and I still haven't recover from Hudson's departure.

I send you my love and pray to the Gods you find comfort in the fact that you loved Gribi while you could.

Feronia a dit…

Diana, I am so sorry to read about your loss of Gribi. Thnking of you and your dear cat.

Diana Kennedy a dit…

@Bodecea: Ja, wer mit Katzen lebt, bzw gar mit ihnen aufgewachsen ist, der kennt diesen hohen Preis, den man für all das Gute, das man mit ihnen hat, zahlt, sicher.

@Sefarina: Im Moment it es echt viel, ist schon schwer, da nicht den Boden unter den Füssen zu verlieren.

@Magaly Thank you so much. Prayers, a candle and good thoughts are so very much apreciated.
I think we never get over a loss, we just learn to live with the wound, by the time.

@Feronoa: Thank you very much for your words.