samedi, février 27, 2010

Making of "Suzanne" part 2

Today I inked the pencils of the drawing. I used a dark brown ink instead of a black one, it renders the lines a bit more gentle. The scan hardly shows it, I know. I am still looking for the ideal brown outline. Some are too dark, almost black and some are too bright. Unfortunately, inks that aren't water-solube are scarce and do not have a wide range of colors.

Outlining is my weak point anyway. In most of the cases, I feel that my line-art is pretty bad. It came out  nice on this picture, tough. I didn't ink the other side of the river, nor the far away trees. I will paint them with the colors, in order to make them appear more "blurry" hence giving the image an impression of depth.
Tomorrow I will start the coloring.

Today was a real beautiful Spring day and I spent the morning working in the garden and on the house-yard. I enjoyed it very much. A storm is announced for the evening and rain for tomorrow. So glad I took the opportunity for outside work as long as it was possible.

5 commentaires:

Sefarina a dit…

Interessant dir mal beim Zeichnen zuzusehen ;-)
Wasserfeste Stifte sind wirklich nicht so leicht zu kriegen. Du könntest mal Copics versuchen, die nehme ich hin und wieder für Aquarell dazu und es geht ganz gut. Ausserdem gibt es sie in so ziemlich jeder Farbe. Leider weiß ich nicht, wie geeignet die verschiedenen Spitzen für dich sind.

Mauser*Girl a dit…

I don't think inking is your weak point at all!

Diana Kennedy a dit…

@Sefarina: Oh, ich arbeite aber gar nicht mit Stiften, sondern mit Feder und Tuschen. Da gibt es wasserfeste (Rohrer) und solche die es nicht sind (Rotring) so wie solche, die behaupten es zu sein, es aber nicht immer sind.(Pelikan) Alle haben sie nur eine sehr beschrankte Farbauswahl. Dereit benutze ich das Umbra von Rohrer.

@Mauser*Girl: Thanks but I hate my inking jobs. They never come out like I want.

Weidenfrau a dit…
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par l'auteur.
caroona a dit…

Ach Diana, wo wären wir alle ohne ein bisschen Perfektionismus ;o)

Ich finde die Linien sehr lebendig, was gefällt Dir denn daran nicht?