vendredi, février 05, 2010

Swiss miniature

Last night wasn't a really good one. I didn't smell the poison in the living room during the day, but in nighttime and half-sleep, my senses are sharpened and suddenly, I felt like I was gonna suffocate in the vapors of that  nasty stuff. The phenomenon lowered in the early morning hours and today, it's much better. Even upstairs. Pheew! One big step that is done. Hopefully, the next ones will be less stressful.

In the night before yesterday, I had another of those dreams that keep your mind occupied for some time: I went to the Swiss Miniature Park. I addition to all the models and miniatures that are there in reality too, they had sort of an artists workshop with big boxes  dressed on a field where artists kept their ongoing work. The boxes could be opened and their content seen by anyone. In one, I found several comic books, the last issue still in work, even with a 50 Euro bill saved for the printer. I looked at the comics. They were about JFK. The drawings were pretty bad, but you could recognize JFK with red hair on a black horse. I realized that the artist must have taken that from my drawings and stories. Indeed, when looking more into his work, I found a couple of other details that revealed an obvious inspiration from my own work. I wasn't sure if I should feel flattered or pissed off. I then decided to take it as a compliment.  I placed  the books back in the box again and thought that I should start my own project within this workshop.

What makes the dream special is the strange reference to Suisse Miniature. I was there only once, as a child, more than 30 years ago now. Since this dream, I feel a deep urge to go there again. It is very fascinating. Then of course, every time I dream of artwork that doesn't exist in reality, I am thrilled. Difficult to explain why.

5 commentaires:

Sefarina a dit…

Ist ja merkwürdig, ich hatte vor ein paar Nächten auch den Traum, dass mir jemand meine Arbeiten geklaut hat, allerdig war ich stocksauer, als ich aufgewacht bin...

Diana Kennedy a dit…

Irgendwie leiden die Traumwelt-Künstler derzeit unter Ideenmangel, dass sie dreist zu Plagiatoren werden. *gg* Es kommt darauf an, wie heftig der Klau war. Wenn er 1:1 ist, werde ich auch sauer. In dem Traum gings gerade noch so, die Geschichten waren scon was eigenes, aber halt so die grfaischen Details eindeutig bei mir entliehen.

Sefarina a dit…

In meinem Traum war es meine Arbeit, aber ein anderer Name drauf. Als ich aufwachte musste ich erst mal nachsehen und mich vergewissern, dass es ein Traum war, bevor ich wieder ruhiger wurde...

Stilistische Anlehnungen können ja schmeichelhaft sein, aber sowas *knurr*

Diana Kennedy a dit…

@Sefarina. Ja, in dem Fall war es eine klare Fälschung / Betrug. Manchmal ist man echt froh, dass es nur ein Traum war, nicht? :-)

Sefarina a dit…

Oh ja, Ideenklau ist zwar leider nicht selten in der Branche, aber da könnte ich echt eklig werden. zumindest hat es mich daran erinnert, mich stets abzusichern.