dimanche, mai 16, 2010

End of Ice age ?

Today was the first day we had over 10 degrees again. I took the opportunity to go in the garden and work on the fence again. Unfortunately, it turned out that I didn't have enough barbed wire - I have to find me at least additional 100 Metes. Nevertheless, I could at least finish the front to the road-side.


As for the plants, they don't look as bad as I was afraid of, due to cold and rain. Of course, they didn't grow like they could have, but at least they did not rot.





If the weather gets better from now on, thee is a chance, th garden will finally start to grow.

5 commentaires:

Dryade a dit…

Ja, es ist gut das die Sonne wieder scheint und es langsam aber sicher auch wieder wärmer wird :-).
Und mit den Händen in der Erde sieht die Welt auch direkt wieder etwas besser aus ;-).
Hab einen guten Start in die neue Woche und hoffentlich bleibt die Sonne uns nun treu !!!

Feronia a dit…

The garden's looking good.

Sefarina a dit…

Dein Garten ist wunderschön! Und die Pfanzen stecken die Kälte erstaunlich gut weg, wie ich finde - auch hier.

Lieben Gruß,
Sefa

Diana Kennedy a dit…

@Dryade: Die Hände in der Erde ist wahrlich eine regelrechte Therapie.

@RFeronai: Thanks!

@Sefarina: Danke. Ja, ich bin auch erstaunt, wie gut die Pflanzen diese Saukälte überstanden haben. Die Natur ist eben stark.

Magaly Guerrero a dit…

Ah, I'm jealous of your space lol. I still haven't planted anything this year, the weather has been too unpredictable. Last week we had temperatures that ranged from the hot to the super cool (lots of mad gardeners out there).

But this week looks better, aside from the rain. I might get some tomato plants and some herbs, but I'm not sure yet...