mardi, octobre 19, 2010

Waiting...

A cold and dark day, here in Basel. Therefore I reduced my outside time to the things I had to do and spent the rest inside, working.   Mom is giving me news from home via email and she said that all station services in the area are out of fuel. People start to *sell* what they may have left in their jerrycans for the lawn-mower and so on. I call this black market...And the government is still telling us that there's no shortage of any kind and hat the strike has barely any effect on daily life. My ass!
My mom took the bus this morning to go shopping especially for enough cat food. It may have been the last tour of that bus too, so far. Well, at least she now has all she and our animals need at home. I have all I need here too, so I guess we are still  pretty lucky in a difficult situation. At least we don't live in those areas with riots.
Wonder how things will evolve when parliament passes that law next Wednesday. Either the strikes will increase, either the protesters will give up.

4 commentaires:

Sefarina a dit…

Ich hab's auch in den Nachrichten gesehn. Heftig wie schnell alles aus der Bahn gerät...

Feronia a dit…

Yes, there's lots on the news about it here, too. Hope everything is resolved soon.

Zachia a dit…

Von D. aus nimmt sich die Aufregung ja schon merkwürdig aus...Renteneintritt mit 62. Hier
disskutiert die Politik über ganz andere Hausnummern...
Hoffe das die Kravalle nicht weiter um sich greifen.

Diana Kennedy a dit…

@Feronia. If its even heard in Australia, then its serious!

@Zachia: Wobei zu sagen ist, dass 60 bislang das Alter war, bei dem man frühestens in Rente gehen konnte - mit einem Abschlag. Die volle Rente gab's erst mit 65 (glaub ich) und nun, nach der Reform, auch mit 67