vendredi, décembre 17, 2010

Little forest people

Some days ago, I had a strange dream. It was in a forest where several half mummified bodies were found. The bodies were partially buried under earth, leaves and twigs and all grey and strange. Almost all of them were females. 
Then, I held a newspaper in the hands, where an article said that the corpses are the remains of a people living in this forest. In fact, they are not real humans, but just close relatives...They are not taller than 1 meter and give birth to children that would correspond to at least 5 year old human kids in shape and ability to walk. 
Since I remembered the pictures in the dream quite well, I made two sketches showing them. They look a bit like natives of the Amazon Forest. 

5 commentaires:

Zachia a dit…

Spannend... ich beneide dich übrigens das du dich so exact erinnern kannst.. Meine Träume entschwinden mir meist recht schnell wieder.

Sefarina a dit…

Was für ein interessanter Traum. Ich schaffe es fast nie meine Träume aufzuzeichnen, obwohl ich mich recht exakt erinnern kann, aber irgendwas in mir macht da zu.

Feronia a dit…

What an amazing dream!

President Snow a dit…

Oooh, interesting dream! I like the idea behind the little people. That is a good idea for art though when one is stuck. I SHOULDN'T be stuck since I give my self so many choices and ideas but, sometimes I need to take a break and do something off topic to my normal work, such as dreams.

Diana Kennedy a dit…

@Zachia: Dem Phänomen kan man entgegensteuern, wenn man das, woran man sich erinnert, regelmässig aufschreibt.

@Sefarina: So wie Dir ging es mir Jahrelang. Oft schrieb einfach meine Mutter besonders interessante Träume von mir auf. Seit 3 Jahren habe ich es mir aber auch angewöhnt und ich muss sagen, es bringt schon viel.

@Feronia: Yes, it is the sort of Dream that makes you reflect for some time...

@President Snow I need these breaks, too. Doing something outside my regular work - in order to keep creativity alive.