lundi, décembre 27, 2010

Mood Swings

I really don't know why I have so much mood swings, these days. I find myself irritable and with a low level of tolerance when it comes to little obstacles or when I have to change my plans. I'm not like this, usually. Pre-Menopause? It doesn't evolve into arguing, fortunately, but only because my ratio can hit the brakes at time when I'm at the edge of saying something stupid or aggressive.  I hope that it will get better, I hate to imagine I may become an old quarrelsome and bitter fart ...Gods, please, let me age with some dignity !

Luckily, I also experience some good things, like a real fine result lately, on a film scene. Looks like the new techniques I'm trying out yield pretty good results. Yay!


5 commentaires:

President Snow a dit…

It might be a pre-cursor to menopause. My Gramma started menopause in her early 50s it was I think, but that was partly because she had medical difficulties with her reproductive organs and had to have some stuff removed. I was a bit too young to remember, but apparently menopause would really get to her sometimes. Now I think she just gets hot flashes and such.

That's good it doesn't get into arguments (I wish I could say the same for my mental state, what with my ego that seems to grow as I'm aging). I see as the kind of person who will age with dignity, so hopefully you won't have a problem there. I rarely think about people in age so I forget you're quite a bit older than me. But to me it's the personalities and the chemistry, not the numbers. :)

Sefarina a dit…

Brr, Stimmungsschwankungen sind was Widerliches - für einen selbst und die leidende Umgebung...
Ich hoffe du findest etwas an dem du dich abreagieren kannst ohne deine Nachbarn zu dezimieren ;-)

Diana Kennedy a dit…

@President Snow: Well, yes guess it may be some menopause shit. I'm in the middle of my forties, so it is probable.

@Sefarina: Selbstredend wäre ein gepflegtes Kettensägenmassaker jetzt der richtige Nervenbalsam. Da dies jedoch mit der derzeit gültigen Gesetzeslage nicht vereinbar ist, muss es auch ein heisser Kakao tun ;-)

Bodecea a dit…

Vielleicht sind's auch die Sterne oder die Erdstrahlen oder sonst was - mir ging es die letzten Tage ähnlich.

Diana Kennedy a dit…

@Bodecea: ja, könnte auch sein. Derzeit gehts mir wieder besser. Wenn das bei Dir auch so ist, dann ist es vielleicht wirklich eine überindividuelle Ursache.