vendredi, janvier 14, 2011

JFK's Mirror

Now that I have a serious deadline for the Film to be finished, I am working on it every minute and don't have time for almost anything else. Nevertheless, I do have other things to do, such as commissioned work and a series of art for an exhibition planned in March. The Exhibition is part of a national week of awareness regarding mental sanity / disease.
Fortunately I am allowed to contribute some art that has been done previously, hence doesn't match the subject. But of course, I also wanted to do some new stuff and try to meet the theme. There are 4 drawings planned and I will present each one here.

The first one doesn't fit the subject either, at least not at the first sight. It is the only approach with a touch of humor within this series. JFK in the morning, at his mirror.
When you are over 45 and look into the morning mirror, this comes out as a balance sheet of your existence. And this does affect your sanity...

6 commentaires:

Magaly Guerrero a dit…

How interesting... I love the fourth image. I'm not 45 yet, but I have done many of those faces.

Sefarina a dit…

Sehr lebendig gezeichnet. Der Ausdruck auf dem dritten Bild kommt mir irgendwie bekannt vor ;-)

Toll dass du gerade so ausgelastet bist. Termine sind Fluch und Sege zugleich, findest du nicht?

caroona a dit…

I especially love Nr 8. He looks so happy fresh out of the water.

President Snow a dit…

I love how each little drawing inspires a slightly different emotion in me. All good, but different. :)

Feronia a dit…

They're great, Diana. Have you see that there is a new archive of JFK's papers, just opened by Caroline Kennedy? Also, Abe Books is doing a special feature on JFK this week.

Diana Kennedy a dit…

@Magaly I did these faces before 45, too. ;-)
@Sefarina: ja, absolut. Wobei ich ehrlich gesagt, schon frioh bin, wenn das Projekt mal fertig ist. Zwei jahre abeite ich nun daran, wird echt Zeit...
@Caroona: water is is element. No matter how bad he may feel, water always makes him smile.
@President Snow. Yes, studying facial expressions was a main purpose of this drawing.
@Feronia: yes, I heard about it.