dimanche, janvier 09, 2011

Pagan Meme

I'm not really into Memes too, but I found this one at Magalys Blog and decided to just go for it.

B A S I C S

Do you have a magical/Pagan name? No.
What does it mean?  N/A
How did you find Paganism? I always felt like a pagan but thought that this was something bad an evil force placed into me. I learned and find out it was my true nature.
How long have you been practicing? 14 years (gee, already THIS long...)
.Solitary or group practitioner?   Solitary, but I love to get inspired by others and learn from them..
What is your path?     
I'm an Eclectic Celtic.
Are you out of the broom closet? Absolutely.

D E I T Y

Who is your patron God? Hermes
Who is your patron Goddess? Bastet and Athena
What Gods do you worship? I honor all and actively worship Selena, Rhiannon, Athena,  Bastet, Donar, Dagda, Cernunnos, Freya.
Do you fear darkly aspected Gods/Goddess, or rather respect them? I respect them. I think that they have an important role.
Do you worship the Christian God? No.
Do you ever worship animals? Well, define "worshipping". I am bound to sacred animal spirits.
Or plants? Same as for the animals.
N A T U R EDo you regularly commune with nature? Yes.
Ever walked barefoot in the woods? Yes. 
Taken a camping trip just to talk to nature? Yes.
Describe the moment you felt closest to Mother Earth? Everytime I harvest something in my garden..
Have you ever called upon the powers of an animal in ritual? Yes.
Or a plant? Yes.
Do you hug trees? My trees have names..
Give them gifts?   I should. And will. 
What is your favourite flower to work with? Rose, Lilly.
What is your favourite tree to work with?   Aspen, Oak, Elder Tree, Willow.

W H E E L . O F . T H E . Y E A R 

What is your favourite holiday? Samhain.
What is your least favourite holiday? Pagan or other? I like all pagan holidays - I least like those obscure Catholic Holidays which are only observed in some selected areas of the country hence you acknowledge them only when you stand at the locked door of a shop after a long and painful trip into town, and wonder *why* the fuck its closed...
Have you ever held a ritual on a holiday? Yes.
Ever taken a day off work to celebrate a Pagan holiday? Yes.
Do you celebrate Yule on the 21 rather than the 25? 21 for Yule and 24 for Gifts. 25 is the Foal-Roast day.
Have you ever felt the veil thin? Yes.
Ever danced the Maypole? As a child, without knowing its meaning..
Know what the Maypole symbolizes? Big, long dick - something every male dreams of ?
How do you usually celebrate the Pagan holidays? At home

D I V I N A T I O N

Do you use Tarot?   Yes.
Do you use runes?   Yes.
Do you use a pendulum? No.
Do you use dowsing rods? No.
Do you use astrology? No. I'm not really into astrology, for I'm so of not fitting the characteristics of my sign..
Any other form of divination? Dreams and Signs. 

S P E L L S 

What was the first spell you did? I can’t remember.
What was the latest? A banning spell
Ever done a love spell? No. I'm strongly against love spells, I support free will in love..   
A job spell? Yes.
A healing spell? yes.
What was the most powerful spell you’ve ever performed? Don’t know.   

C R Y P T O Z O O L O G Y 

Do you believe in Vampires? There are people who suck out your energy, so yes, there are Vampires.
Werewolves? Difficult to say. I think that they may exist in the otherworld and manifest here, when veils are thin.
Shapeshifters? No. In the otherworld - yes.
Elves? Yes.
Faeries? Yes.
Dragons? See above. In the otherworld.
Nymphs? See above.
Sprites? See above, again.
Mermaids? And again!
Satyrs? Some people say, JFK was a Satyr. If so, then I even know one. :-)
Ever “seen” any of the above? As a little child, I saw sort of very little people. But little childern can see into the otrherworld, sometimes..
Ever talked to any of the above? No.
Ever used any of the above in magic?  No.
Do you have one of them as a personal guardian?I have my Totem animals. The owl being my main guardian

R A N D O M

Do you see a rabbit, a man or a woman in the moon? Just like Magaly, I see craters.
Own a cat? Not one, six. 
When you meditate, what does your happy place look like? I do not meditate in the classical way, but do spirit-journeys in a trance. The most happy place is then JFK's White House.
Do you work with Chakras?  No, but I want to try it one day.
Do you believe in past lives? Yes.
If so, describe a few briefly: 400 years ago, I was on a whaling boat.  - Hey, I know its not political correct, but whaddaya expect from a boy in the early 1600ies  who could barely read and write ? And hate me for it, but it was a great time. 
Do you believe in soul mates? Not in the common interpretation. But I believe in souls that are tied together, so they form groups who meet again, and again. Even if they hate it.
Do you have a spirit guide? Yes.
Is it always love and light? No.

6 commentaires:

Feronia a dit…

This is really interesting, Diana. Thank you! I have just read in the newspaper that the latest American production about the Kennedys (with Katie Holmes as Jackie and Greg Kinnear presumably as JFK) has not been taken up by the History Channel due to historical inaccuracies.

Magaly Guerrero a dit…

My plants have names too! And the mango tree where I used to read when I was child was named Señor Lée, which means Mr. Read; I know, not very imaginative lol

President Snow a dit…

Oh, I enjoyed reading this! I learned more about you :)

Diana Kennedy a dit…

@Feronia. Understandable. History Channel must insist on accuracy. There are already too much inaccurate JFK Stuff on the market yet.

@Magaly: Senor Lee sounds lovely.

@President Snow: Thanks, yes that was the intention.

Sefarina a dit…

Uh, da könnte ich ja bei einigen Sachen glatt unterschreiben ;-)
Spannend zu lesen wie das bei dir ist.

Julie a dit…

well, maybe whales were less endangered back in the 1600s. :)