mardi, janvier 25, 2011

Preparing Day X

I am approaching the final stages of the Film. This means increasing work : for one, I am now actively looking for the voice actors who have to do the English and the German Version. Someone gave me the URL of a voice actors Forum and this was a big hit. I now have almost all the voices I need for the English version. Things are bit more difficult for the German version. For one, my "ads" have very little response and then the actors are often a bit too young for the roles. We'll see.

On the "Go out - make it public" department, I was at the Tourism Office in town, today. There, we made the arrangements for an exhibit in July. They will print the posters and Flyers and we will perform a public show of the Film on July 15, with the possibility for the spectators to discuss with me afterwards.
Really not the kind of  thing I like to do - fuck, I hate it, I'm sociophobic - but I realize that I'll have to do a lot more PR activity, if I want to get anywhere with this project and my art in general.
Sometimes I envy these extremely extroverted artists who can talk to people for hours, without being asked for and without even breathing. They, at least, get noticed. It's not my idea of decency, but it works.

7 commentaires:

Feronia a dit…

Shame I don't live a bit closer to you, Diana - I have done some voice work.

Diana Kennedy a dit…

@Feronia: The other Voice actors don't live near me, neither. They live in the US. They send me wav files. If you have the possibility to record your voice, then you COULD do the job...

Feronia a dit…

Ok Diana, I'll make a recording and send it to you!

Diana Kennedy a dit…

Do you have my email Feronia?

Feronia a dit…

No I don't, Diana.

Sefarina a dit…

Tag X, wie aufregend! Ich geniesse auch gerade das Gefühl in Arbeit zu versinken. Allerdings liegen die nächsten Termine noch mindestens eine Woche entfernt *puh*

Diana Kennedy a dit…

@Sefarina,

ja, das mit der Arbeit kann schon fast rauschänhliche Zustände annehmen. daher: Frohes Schaffen!