mercredi, avril 20, 2011

BURN-OUT!

I really thought that once the film is finished, the hardest part will be done.
Well, it's not. The hardest part is building up that damned DVD. How many time have I reviewed the Film on my TV? And EVERY time I discover a new error, a new flaw. Some kind of little shit I didn't see or hear before.
Corrected the too loud sound in sequence 2 of the French version. Fine, it works, but now, the characters in the English version suddenly speak German at random.
Wow, great. How's that?
Searching on where that error happened, correct it, render it all again, making a new DVD...okay, this thing is fixed but...Oh? German Menu now links to French Film.

My friends, I am EXHAUSTED.
And the deadline for submitting the whole thing to the Geneva Animatou Festival is approaching. The technical quality of the French voice recordings is awful. I worked hours in trying to improve the files in every thinkable audio-editor; from the free Audacity up to my brand new Vegas Sound Forge Studio. I got help by one of the voice actors in cleaning up these files.  Its better, but still not really good.
As for the images and animation: Sometimes I think:" Okay, not bad" and sometimes: "what a big pile of steamy crap".
Meanwhile, time is advancing so fast. On May 3, I have to go to my gynecologist again. I know very well what will happen, she will send me into prison to the hospital, for my problem hasn't gotten better. Really, I want to have this project finished before they lock me away. Once it is done, I can let go. I will be ready for the hospital anyway then, not only because of my bleeding problems.

8 commentaires:

Dryade a dit…

Ohje .... ich schick dir ganz viel Kraft für die letzte "Durststrecke"! Wir Frauen sind stark und du schaffst alles was du willst!!!
Grüße von der Dryade

Gina a dit…

Diana, I think we can be harder on ourselves than anyone else can be. So, maybe we are more critical of our work than someone else. Plus, you are exhausted. You’ve worked so hard for this film. You are nearly there. Don’t give up now! Sending hugs to you.
P.S. I saw the entire 8 part mini-series “The Kennedys” recently. It wasn’t too bad. Love to watch any Kennedy docu-dramas and see what they get wrong and what they get right! After being turned away from the History Channel, it aired on Reelz channel. There are some behind the scenes videos on their web site. I wonder when you might see it in France?

Bodecea a dit…

Arme Diana! mach es so gut, wie es geht, gib es dann ab und lass es los. Fehler sind immer - überall. Das macht nichts.

Alles Liebe
Bodecea

Diana Kennedy a dit…

@Dryade: danke, dieser Endspurt hat es wirklich in Sich, aber da heisst es jetzt wohl Zähne zusammenbeissen.

@Gina, Yes it is possible that I see flaws that most of others won't see, but as long as I see them and as long as I *can* correct them, I have to.
I don't know if we get so see this series in France, for there is a quota limiting TV-Imports from the US, in order to support french productions. :-/ And of course the channels use their quota for popular series like CSI, Dr House, Sex and the City and so on.

@Bodecea: ja, das Loslassen muss und wird kommen und davor habe ich tatsächlich Bammel. Gestern war der erste Tag, an dem es an dem Projekt zummindest nichts mehr zu zeichnen gab. Ich habe mich gefühlt, als stünde ich vor einem leeren Abgrund.
Aber ich packe das schon.

Sefarina a dit…

Ich war bisher meist froh, ein Projekt einfach nur fertig zu haben. Wenn allerdings etwas partout nicht funktioniert ist das schon sehr lästig, vor allem wenn die Zeit knapp wird. Man wird dann auch insgesamt angespannter und genervt.

Hoffentlich klappt doch noch alles zu deiner Zufriedenheit, damit du dich wenigstens zurücklehnen kannst, wenn dich deine Ärztin einsperren lässt ;-) Bist du sicher, dass sie das machen wird?

Diana Kennedy a dit…

@Sefarina: Die wollte mich schon vor sechs Monaten per Notfall wegsperren lassen, ich flehte sie an, es doch noch mal mit anderen Medis zu versuchen. Zunächst halfen diese auch, aber jetzt bin ich wieder so weit wie vorher. Da es keine andere medikamentöse Therapie mehr gibt, ist es mehr als wahrscheinlich, dass ich jetzt defintiv dran bin.

Sefarina a dit…

Wenn es keine medikamentöse Therapie mehr gibt, heißt das dir droht eine OP?

Diana Kennedy a dit…

@Sefarina: ja genau das. :-(