samedi, novembre 19, 2011

Hospital

Tomorrow I will have to check in to the hospital. Gall Bladder Surgery is scheduled for Monday, November 21.

It will be mostly a routine job. They will grab out the gall bladder and the stones trough little holes they drill into me. When all goes well, I even can go home on Tuesday 22...Spending JFK's death day at least partly at home. That would be great. If not, it will be Wednesday. Only if they have to cut me open for whatever reason, then I'm on for a longer stay.
So I hope for the best. What annoys me most is the general anesthesia, of course. Each time I had it, it was a very hard and painful awakening. But well, maybe I will bear it better this time, since I am a lot thinner and will not need such a huge dose. Anyway, I'm looking forward for the moment I'm halfway awaken and told that all has gone well.


7 commentaires:

Sefarina a dit…

Ich drück dir ganz fest die Daumen heute, dass du schnell wieder nach Hause darfst.

Leider kann ich dir nur sagen, dass Untergewicht und Vollnarkose keine gute Kombination sind...

Geier a dit…

Gutes Gelingen!
Ich hatte nur einmal ne Vollnarkose, das Aufwachen war nicht wirklich witzig - aber auf jeden Fall besser als wenn die ohne an mir rumgeschnitzelt hätten.

Bodecea a dit…

Ich hoffe, alles läuft gut und du kannst schnell wieder heim!

Feronia a dit…

My best wishes to you, Diana, for a speedy recovery. Thinking of you :)

Gina a dit…

Thinking of you today, Diana, and wishing you a healthy recovery.

l'actrice a dit…

Good luck Diana! See you very soon back home:-)

Diana Kennedy a dit…

@Sefarina: Ja, das habe ich jetzt auch erfahren müssen. Seufz. Ob dick oder dünn - egal wie man ist, isses falsch.

@Geier: Irgendwie ist Deiner Schlussfolgerung argumentativ nichts entgegenzusetzen ;-)

@Bodecea, Feronia, Gina and l'Actrice: Thank you a lot for your kindness.