vendredi, février 03, 2012

Happy Imbolg

Yes, I am a bit late, Nevertheless, to all my readers: A happy Brighid's Festival!

The cold here really paralizes me. First thing I do when crawling out of bed into the icy cold is lighting up the fire in the oven. Last night, we had -15degrees. Water was frozen so I had to warm the pipes before I even could make me a coffee.

Yesterday I was at the hospital to fix the date for the next surgery and do all the paperwork for Hispital entries. Took all afternoon. So I will enter the hospital on February 14 and intervention will be on February 15.
The reason is a Hernia because of me carrying load too early after my last surgery...
But there's also another reason; It makes the Hernia partly a lucky thing.

When I lost all the weight, my skin didn't shrink at the same rate as did the rest of  my body. I don't want to go into disgusting details, but my Belly isn't a nice look. I never was a conceited person, really, but this is not just ugly, it's close to disfiguration. And it hinders me in my movements. Well, my Doctor said "We can remove that mess, while we are there". So the Hernia gets me a surgery I could never afford myself, what I'd have to, if it were just for that.

Of course, I'm afraid of the whole thing too, its a pretty big intervention and will leave a huge scar from up my chest down to where the sun doesn't shine. I hate the thought of all these days in Hospital, with all its pain and blood taking, the perfusion, the anesthesia and all that crap.  But I'm also looking forward for the time when it has healed and I will finally be so much more comfortable.



6 commentaires:

Sefarina a dit…

Das ist dann wohl Glück im Unglück, mit der Nach-OP. Ich drück dir ganz fest die Daumen, dass danach alles super aussieht.

Dein Päckchen ist übrigens wohlbehalten angekommen und ich hab auch brav mit dem Aufmachen gewartet. Vielen vielen Dank, ich freu mich wahnsinnig drüber.
(Leider geht mein E-Mailfach seit dem letzten Update nicht mehr auf. Sonst hätte ich dir bereits geschrieben.)

Diana Kennedy a dit…

@Sefarina: Habe derzeit auch wieder ärger mit der Email. Und wie! Ich bin sehr froh, dass die Sendung gut angekommen ist, der Post traue ich nicht über den Weg. Aber dann ist ja alles ok, *freu*

Bodecea a dit…

Ich wünsch dir schon jetzt mal alles Gute für die OP! Hier ist es auch saukalt, zum Glück sind wir besser isoliert, also kein Frost beim Wasser..,pass auf, dass dir die Leitungen nicht platzen!

Diana Kennedy a dit…

__@Bodecea: mit geplatzten Leitungen rechne ich leider in jedem Fall :-(

Diana Kennedy a dit…

__@Bodecea: mit geplatzten Leitungen rechne ich leider in jedem Fall :-(

Feronia a dit…

Best (belated) wishes to you for Imbolc, Diana. I'll be thinking of you on the 14th and 15th and sending you some healing vibes :)