lundi, février 13, 2012

Preparing

All is still frozen here. But it's warmer. The Fire Hydrant in the street already cracked and left a water-fountain running out wild...Good sign isn't it? But well, at least one good thing: Our Insurance will pay for the damages we'll probably have. I talked to them today and the emplyee who was very nice said that we shall call as soon as we know what's gone broken and then they'll open a case file. Meanwhile I do my packing for the hospital. I will take my little tablett with me and since there's Wi-Fi at the hospital, I may even go online, check the mails and read the blogs - even write an entry. And I can do some writing too, on stories, ideas and so on. This is very important to me. A little remain of my own world during these days that will be entirely dominatd by others. I think that this is one of the hardest parts with hospital stays: the complete lack of self-determination. But I also really do look forward for the time after the surgery, especially regarding my new shape. I imagine myself cycling and hiking under the sun in upcoming spring, all free of that burden that will no longer hang down on me then.

7 commentaires:

Karan a dit…

I wish you all the very best for your surgery, and a swift recovery!

Bodecea a dit…

Ich wünsch dir alles Gute für OP und Genesung!

Sefarina a dit…

Das klingt sehr praktisch. An nichts arbeiten zu können und von der Aussenwelt praktisch abgeschnitten zu sein gehört ja zu den größten Nachteilen bei einem Klinikaufenthalt.
So wird dir hoffentlich nicht langweilig.

Diana Kennedy a dit…

@Thanks Karan!

@Bodecea: Lieben Dank!

@Sefarina: Ja, ich brauche das wirklich, wenigstens eingeschränkt arbeiten zu können und seien es nur ein paar Spreadshirt-Motive und eben, mails checken und so. Nun habe i ch gut gepackt und bin zuversichtlich, dass ich das ganze zügig hinter mich kriege.

l'actrice a dit…

Good luck Diana and see you soon back:-)

Dryade a dit…

Mensch, bei dir kommt es aber auch mal wieder dicke!!
Ich wünsche dir alles gute für den Krankenhausaufenthalt und das du es gut hinter dich bringt!!
Bis bald!!
Dryade

l'actrice a dit…

I hope all went well Diana:-)