mercredi, juin 13, 2012

Rain and strawberries

My mom is in Basel during all month for medical reasons and so I am here all alone. I spend most of my days working and occasionally driving the carless neighbor into town.
Benni has got a flu recently and I had to take him to the vet. He's already a lot better now.
In spite of the cold and rainy weather, the plants outside grow georgously well. Really, I don't want to brag ;-) but my strawberries are regular giants, this year.
And the pumpkins - all of them - are doing well to, some even grow their first buds.
In general these first buds and flowers are not the ones who finally get fertilized, but it's a good sign when they show up so early.


2 commentaires:

Sefarina a dit…

Die Erdbeeren sehen echt schon riesig aus. Meine werden zwar auch so langsam reif, sind aber glaube ich kleiner.

l'actrice a dit…

That's the good part about the rain:-)