mercredi, juillet 18, 2012

After the strike

We are fixing all the damages done by the thunderstorm and the lightning step by step. the telephone line has been repared and I have ADSL and Phone again. All things taken into account, we were pretty lucky - at least compared to most of the neighbors. Our neighbor next door still doesn't have internet.

I attended the doctor this morning and we fixed my Thermal cure to begin at the end of the month. That means that I have to go to Bains every day for 3 weeks: Hot thermal baths, massages and getting buried into mud - things like this. They hope to comfort my back this way as well as fighting against the osteoporosis.

When I came back I found the time to work a bit in the garden and around the house. It was one of the rare sunny days, so I had to take advantage of it.
I'm harvesting plenty of Zukes these days. They seem to mostly grow at night. Tiny things in the evening and big pricks next morning.
Gardening is really an important balance for me. It would do me no good to work on the computer or drawing in a seat all day.

Speaking of work, Film is going on, too. At the beginning of the month, I was in Metz where I met the film Producer and a bunch of people who will collaborate on the project. But it came out that I have to change the video format I was using. I created an output of HDV 720, but this is too tiny. The distributor wants cinema format. 
Therefore I am re-working all the yet finished scenes. I have to redraw some elements, mostly of the background. Cinema format also means that I really have to avoid the slightest error. TV-Screens are very forgiving when it comes to little errors and impure drawings, due to their low resolution. A Cinema theater will expose every tiny mistake in a cruel and merciless way. The whole producer thing is great, but in the same time it puts me under a great pressure.
Still its an exciting and wonderful endeavor.

Aucun commentaire: