mercredi, janvier 16, 2013

Historical Heroes on Deviantart


Who inspires artists? I tried a little research on DeviantArt, Internets biggest Art Community with Millions of Artwork. Done this Morning.

I typed :

* John F Kennedy: 1989 results.

* Aldo Moro: 55 results. From these, 31 that don't represent the actual man, but are mostly or completly unrelated shit. The remaining 24 results contain 22 work from...well, from me.

* Dag Hammarskjöld : 7 results. 4 unrelated.

* Adolf Hitler: 48338 results.




I let everyone make her / his conclusions about these results.

7 commentaires:

Bodecea a dit…

Bad world.

Sefarina a dit…

Autsch

Johnny a dit…

It's crazy, isn't it? Hitler is easy recognizable, but not for good. It's a shame Jack isn't more popular. He did so much good and inspired so many!
I'm used to it though, so many historical figures that truly inspire me and my art aren't too popular.

Diana Kennedy a dit…

Yes, I know you work with a lot of histoical figures who are not too popular within the masses. I like that. I am not even against Hitler Art. I respect every inspiration. It's just the extreme difference in matter of popularity that intrigues me. Truly inspiring people, with a rich personality and often with an interesting fate are more or less fotgotten all while a relatively simple minded creep like Hitler doesn't stop to be attractive.

Sefarina a dit…

Hey, ich habe ein riesiges Stöckchen zugeworfen bekommen und würde es gerne hier abstellen.
Schau doch mal vorbei ob du es mitnehmen magst.

PiGirl13 a dit…

Wow, crazy. I guess people are fascinated by evil...

Diana Kennedy a dit…

@PiGirl : Yes. I guess so, too.