samedi, avril 06, 2013

Vendetta finished

Yesterday I finished the last panel of "Kennedys Vendetta".
Another story done, and I am pretty happy about it. The French version will be the first going to the printer followed by the German Version shortly after.

I started that story in November last year and went trough it from first draft and ideas up to the finished book within 5 months. That is pretty fast. It was a wonderful time, for there were  a lot of new and thrilling aspects for me to discover.



Everytime when I finish a work, I have a sort of depression, which is the dark side of the deal. This time, all while I do feel a bit sore, its not that strong. This is probably due to the fact that I am already working on the Sequel of "Vendetta":  the "Ballad of John and Aldo." Yes, the title is a little irony on the Beatles Song title "The Ballad of John and Yoko" ;-)

The main challenge in "Vendetta" was to make it halfway plausible why JFK looses himself this deeply in his revenge trip.To be true, this doesn't really fit his personality. He was an emotional man, but could control his feelings very well, up to a point that he even appeared to be a little cold, sometimes. In this story, he surrenders to very basic and elementary emotions of hate and desperation.

The challenge in "The ballad of John and Aldo"  will be to portray Aldo Moro. In "Vendetta" Aldo is merely a memory and does not act by himself. In "Ballad" he does. Moro had a very unique language, a way to express himself trough poetic and sometimes cryptic phrases. I am afraid I could not copy that. Also because the reader has to understand what he says. So I just let him speak in a very distinctive and gentle way, with no gross words ;-)

Of course, I will share the whole creative process of that story here, too.


But meanwhile, I celeberate the soon release of "Kennedys Vendetta". The two pics in this post are out of  "Vendetta".





2 commentaires:

Sefarina a dit…

Dann lass mich die Erste sein, die dir gratuliert!
Du bist durch dieses Projekt wirklich durch gerauscht und ich freue mich schon dein fertiges Werk zu bewundern.

Diana Kennedy a dit…

Vielen Dank, Sefarina!